Due to COVID-19, we are providing consultations via PHONE or VIDEO conferencing for your safety and convenience, and we are still able to file documents with the court. Please don't hesitate to call if you have any questions! 949-735-9266

Letters of Guardianship


When you apply for and are granted a temporary guardianship of a person, the court issues what are called Letters of Temporary Guardianship or Conservatorship from the clerk of the court. They also issue a court order.  Both the Letters and Order should be kept by the temporary guardian of the minor, if age 12 or older, and given to daycare providers, school personnel offices, and so forth.  Certified copies will be needed for enrolling the minor in a new school, obtaining medical treatment, opening bank accounts or transferring the minor’s assets.  If the court grants an extension of the order and letters, it is good practice to obtain certified documents.

Contact an Orange County Guardianship Lawyer today for assistance.

Releted Posts like this
Letters of Guardianship; Prerequisites
Guardianship- Petition for Appointment
Powers and Duties of a Guardian of a Person/Child
Guardianships: When is Bond Required

Contact Information