Emergency Orders


Sometimes in a family law case, you will need to seek court intervention in order to obtain an emergency order (also known as Ex Parte Order).  This happens when there is an emergency of some sort, when there is irreparable harm present.  In cases other than domestic violence or when notice would be detrimental, one must give notice at least 24 hours before going before the Judge. Usually, before 10am the day before you intend to seek an emergency order.

The ex parte papers must be filed the morning of your hearing and a copy served on the opposing party.  If the Judge decides to grant the emergency order, he will usually set a follow up hearing two weeks out.

Contact a Santa Ana divorce lawyer today fir you need help in seeking an emergency court order.

Releted Posts like this
Contempt of Court in California