Lifestyles of the rich and famous….oh my! This is by far the largest request for spousal support that I have ever seen. According to court pleadings filed in the Los Angeles Superior Court, ousted Dodger CEO, Jamie McCourt is requesting that her estranged soon to be ex-husband, Frank McCourt, fork over $988,845.00 per month in temporary spousal support.
According to released court sealed documents, here are some highlights reflecting the parties’ marital lifestyle:
* For the last 5 years of their marriage, Jamie and Frank took $2.31 million per month in salaries and perks — almost entirely on a tax-free basis.
* Frank’s financial advisor testified, “During the marriage the parties used the business to fund whatever they needed, or wanted, as it was their personal ATM or credit card.
* Jamie claims … Frank’s 2008 personal financial statements put his net worth at $834,900,000 and valued McCourt Enterprises in excess of $2 billion.
* Frank spent $52,000 in clothes since November and dropped more than $81,000 on a December vacation … according to Jamie.
* As for Jamie’s request for just under a million a month, she claims it’s necessary “to maintain her accustomed marital lifestyle.”
Unless you are Frank McCourt, Warren Buffett or Donald Trump, said types of temporary support orders are extraordinary. For more information on obtaining spousal support pending an Orange County dissolution proceeding, contact an experienced and reputable family law attorney.