Los Angeles Divorce Filing for TV’s Cheryl Hines

Word leaked out this week that actress Cheryl Hines, best known for her portrayal of Larry David’s long-suffering wife on the television series “Curb Your Enthusiasm,” is seeking a Southern California divorce from her husband of eight years, Paul Young. According to the celebrity website contactmusic.com, the Los Angeles divorce petition was actually filed last month, though the media only appears to have caught onto that fact in the last few days.

The website says that a representative for the actress confirmed the move. The link below to E! Online goes to a page from which interested readers can also view a copy of the actual California divorce petition.

Hines’ representative tells E! Online that the break-up is amicable and the couple have agreed to share California child custody of their six-year-old daughter. “They will remain extremely close friends and will raise their daughter together,” the representative reportedly said.

Coverage of the Hines-Young divorce has made no mention of whether or not the couple have a prenuptial agreement and, if not, whether all of their affairs beyond custody issues have already been resolved. This offers a useful reminder that even amicable divorces require the specialized assistance a Los Angeles, San Bernardino, Ventura or Orange County divorce attorney can offer. The fact that a divorce action remains relatively friendly does not mean it will not be complex. The earlier each partner secures experienced counsel, the smoother the road ahead is likely to be.

Most of us, of course, do not have to deal with the additional burden and stress of a break-up that plays out in the public eye. It is good to know, however, that whether one’s Los Angeles or Orange County divorce is a very public affair, or a very private one, an attorney will be in your corner, looking out for your rights and interests at all times.

E! Online: Cheryl Hines Curbs Enthusiasm for Husband, Files for Divorce

Contactmusic: Cheryl Hines and Paul Young To Share Custody of Daughter