Due to COVID-19, we are providing consultations via PHONE or VIDEO conferencing for your safety and convenience, and we are still able to file documents with the court. Please don't hesitate to call if you have any questions! 949-735-9266

Orange County Child Support: Woman asks for Child Support 34 years later

In New York, a 75 year old woman is suing her 77 year old ex-husband for unpaid child support, 34 years after the finalization of their divorce.

Frances Ragusa, 75, and her former husband, Philip, 77, are locked in a bitter court fight over nearly $100,000 in unpaid child support.

Frances Ragusa claims that Philip has failed to pay $14,393.57 child-support pursuant to the couple’s divorce judgment. Philip agreed to pay for said child support pursuant to their divorce settlement in 1977 after 17 years of marriage. Currently, said child support owed has grown to a figure of approxinately $100,000, which includes interest.

From an Orange County divorce lawyer’s perspective and unfortunately for Philip, once that child support amount is set forth in the Judgment ordering him to pay same, he must do so. As each goes by and said amount is unpaid, interest will accrue causing the original child support amount to exponentially grow. Unless a motion is filed with the court to modify said amount or set the amount aside, Philip will owe said child support payment.

This is why hiring an experienced Orange County or Los Angeles County child support lawyer is crucial to making sure your child support payments are on track and accurate. If you bury your head in the sand and hope that the child support payments will magically go away, you are fooling yourself! There are serious consequences for failing to pay child support.

Do not let this happen to you. Contact an Orange County child support lawyer for assistance.

Source: Woman wants child support after 34 years

Contact Information