Restoring Former/Maiden Name after Divorce


A party is entitled to restoration of a former name on request, except in an action for legal separation.  Family Code Section 2080.  The requested order is indicated by checking the appropriate box on the Judgment and inserting the name you want it changed to.  A request to restore the former name need not have been included in the petition or response.  Even if the party fails to request the order at the time of the Judgment, he or she may make an Ex Parte application after the Judgment for such an order.

Contact a Costa Mesa Divorce Lawyer today for help on any divorce matter.

Releted Posts like this
Change of Venue
No Fault Divorce