Due to COVID-19, we are providing consultations via PHONE or VIDEO conferencing for your safety and convenience, and we are still able to file documents with the court. Please don't hesitate to call if you have any questions! 949-735-9266

Steps in overcoming Parental Alienation

California parents have a right to meaningful relationships with their children. This does not mean that only the primary custodial parent has a right to spend time with his or her children. It does not mean that only mothers or only fathers have rights. It means that both parents deserve quality time with their kids.

At The Law Office of David P. Schwarz, I have over a decade of experience fighting for Orange County parents who are facing the threat of losing their relationship with their children. Do not let your child’s other parent deny you visitation or change your child’s image of you. Call 714-361-9875 or toll-free 877-387-7112 or contact me online to schedule a complimentary consultation.

I am passionate about helping mothers and fathers who feel alienated from their children. As an experienced lawyer, I have helped parents in many situations. Maybe your ex-spouse is using your children as leverage against you. Perhaps your children’s other parent has brainwashed them to think poorly of you. Or maybe he or she is threatening to move to a new state with the kids.

If you are being excluded from your child’s life, you do have options. I will help you decide which approach is best for your family:

Mediation – We can negotiate with the other side before with a mediator. This is often a good option for families because it is less confrontational than litigation.

Child custody evaluation – We can request to have a psychiatrist profile both parents and present findings to the court regarding the child’s ability to form a relationship with each parent.

Minors Counsel- The appointment of an attorney for your child could also assist in battling parental alienation. The attorney for the child can work out the conflicts and determine what is in the best interest of your child.

Create a new parenting plan – If your current child custody agreement is not detailed enough to protect your rights, we can create a new parenting plan that includes specific protections for your time with your child.

Contact an Orange County Divorce Lawyer for further assistance.

Contact Information